Sunday, August 21, 2011

I didn't want to leave

As I packed my purse for church this morning, my daughter asked me, "why do take so much tissue?"  I smiled and said, "because I know I'll cry...a lot."

As the members began to sing, the chills filled my arms and the tears spilled from my eyes. The tissues I had packed were saturated quickly as the beautiful voices rang through me. Hands were raising, hands were clapping, and I didn't want to leave...

As always, more voices spoke, while other voices prayed, and some voices were only heard by God. There never seems to be enough tissue no matter how much I bring. A choir full of boys stood up front with the lone voice of a lady, and I didn't want to leave...

More church members knelt at the alter and I prayed on my pew. I've never been in a group with the Spiritual depth these people bring, and I didn't want to leave...

The preacher's daughter belted out with pride how glad she was to be in God's hands now. I can't imagine how it would have been for me at her age to have had one of my friends stand up and give Praise like that. Back when I was Saved, I was about her age and no one really guided me on what to do next. I'm so blessed to be in such a room full of outstanding Spiritual role models, no matter what their age, and I didn't want to leave...

Through swollen eyes that burn from salty tears, I'm happy to say, I don't have to leave. I asked to be a part of the church for good today, and luckily they accepted me. I don't have a pretty voice to offer, I don't even have a Bible yet, but hopefully together we'll find a way for me to contribute something.

No comments:

Post a Comment