Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm Gettin Ready to Leave This World

Today, I almost didn't even pack tissue for church. I just felt so glad to be here another day, I felt so glad to be able to get out and go to church this morning, and I simply doubted that a single tear would fall.

The singing was good this morning. I felt that good ole Southern, hand clappin', feet stompin' kinda Spirit. We sang "I'm Gettin' Ready to Leave This World" and instead of crying, I smiled.

As the Preacher spoke, shouted, and was even lifted off the ground he'd been so filled with the Word of God, I couldn't help but think how blessed I was to have another day, another hour, another minute with my family, friends, and my church, I just couldn't see making use of the lone piece of tissue that peered from the top of my purse...I doubted that tear would fall.

He then read a scripture (Hebrews 13:8) that said how Jesus is the same yesterday and today and forever. As I began to really think about the size of Christ, a single tear fell from my eye. This is the same Christ that my sweet little Maw Maw used to pray to, and now lives with. I imagined how she must have prayed the day her newborn died, just the same as she prayed the day her grown son was also called Home. I wondered what she said to Him the day Paw Paw left this Earth and I wondered what she said to Him the day she too finally went Home. She used to tell me all the time, "I've been here a long time," and I knew she was looking forward to that Final Day when she'd return Home where she really belonged.

She prayed to the same Christ that I prayed to the day I had my first child, and the doctor's didn't seem to have all the answers. This is the same Christ that picked me up years later when doctors were telling me my child's face was paralyzed during a surgery. This is the same Christ that put me in my car, and drove me to my new church. This is the same Christ that my husband knows and my children will grow up around. It's the same Christ that gave me that good old Southern, hand clappin', foot stompin' kinda feeling this morning. I am continued to be Blessed by the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment