Monday, October 24, 2011

And it was Joel

After church, we went back to the house to digest what had just taken place. Part of me was so exhausted but the other part felt renewed, and energized.

I spent the day enjoying all that I've been given but hoping that one day, my children will get to experience what we did that morning. Lots of people go to church on Sundays to hear God's words, His message...but sometimes, there are people that go there to feel Him instead...

My daughter and I decided to go back to the Sunday night service so she stepped into the shower to clean up after a hard day at play. After a few minutes, a soaked child walked up to me dripping water all over my floor. She handed me a piece of paper.


I guess accidentally breaking the soap holder led her to confess about ripping one of my Bible pages...

I asked her to show me the Bible, and she went to my car to retrieve The Book. When she returned she opened right to the page and showed me a tiny tear. She confessed, "I did it a few weeks ago...that day I was really good in church, remember that day?" She hung her head in shame and I lifted her chin. I asked her if this had really been bothering her for that long and sadly it had. She must have been worried sick about telling me. We all know what that feels like.

I closed the Bible and sat down with my child. I assured her that no matter what she does, Christ is the Ultimate One she needs to confess to. No matter what she does, even if Mama and Daddy get mad sometimes, she needs to lay her burdens down with Him, because He's always forgiving, even when people sometimes are not. The child was so relieved to have that off of her chest. I gave her a big hug, and I threw away the soap dish. Somehow, these things became less important today...and I am so thankful.

Later, I became curious about where the rip had taken place. I went back and opened my Bible to the tiny rip.

Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions."
...and we haven't even made it to the Sunday night's service yet! (to be continued)





1 comment:

  1. that is so hard for my kid... it isn't about what you do.... it is about Jesus covering it on the cross. "but i was bad mama." Are you sorry? "yes." Then it's done. :) golly i wanna go to your country church.

    ReplyDelete