Monday, October 24, 2011

He Waited

As church began on Sunday morning, it was clear that He had waited for us. One after the other, we were led to The Altar and unlike the tears we shed on a common Sunday, we wept in His presence. I knelt and prayed, and though I was not worthy...He still had waited. Unlike Sundays past when I have felt Him, he moved right through me this day. Part of me felt bad for leaving my husband and children on the pew but a bigger part of me knew I was where I needed to be. I could not hear anything, I just prayed. My body was moving, my arms shook helplessly. And from the pew, a husband watched his wife bow down.

Somehow, my feet moved me back to the pew, but I was still unaware of anything but Him. The devil had tried his best to keep me from going to church. I got so car sick on the way, I thought we were going to have to pull over as we often do, but He led us on. I am His child, and He took care of me.

I finally was able to look around and I saw another mother, making her way up front. All of her make-up was gone, and she never looked more beautiful. One of my best friends was asked to sing a song which led to another and another. She had unusual strength this day, when she wanted to fall to pieces. Sometimes she'd begin a verse, but emotion would halt her voice, and more tears would pour from me. When we were assured The Altar was still open and encouraged to listen to The Lord, my husband left the pew. Again, we all followed and I held his back as he shamelessly prayed. This would not be the first time I've seen him cry in church, but it's the first time he's moved his body up front.

With swollen eyes, we made our way out of the church when we had done all that we could for that service. One of our strong members said one day, "I don't see how those that come to church once a month do it..." and with that in mind, I could not wait to come back Sunday night. I was so thankful He had waited this time.

As we got in the car, my oldest child said his Daddy, "I had no idea you were that emotional." That was only the beginning, of my glorious day....(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment