Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Robber

I had been up praying in the middle of the night. Simple problems in the flesh...and even more complex Spiritual battles I needed to conquer, left me on bended knees and in a pool of tears in my living room floor just after midnight. A renewed commitment from me to The Lord came with conditions that HE would take lead once again, and help me walk through the fires of distraction, to finish what HE told me to do...

With that relief, I was lifted off the floor and I sat down in the chair to relax my exhausted eyes and immediately, small distractions tried to rob me of the rest HE intended me to receive. I heard my own voice speak "NO" as I knew the devil would send for my peace. In my head I started singing with every ounce of strength I had left "Peace, Peace, wonderful Peace...coming down from the Father above..." I walked quickly back to the bedroom where my husband slept and I crawled back inside that warm bed, knowing that I had received (and retained) that peace that nobody could to take from me...

Even with this renewed focus, I will still require many prayers of my own, and perhaps from others, to finish what I am supposed to do. If for nobody else, He's doing it for me...

When I got to church this morning, she spoke. Her broken voice told that she too had been praying, looking for a peace and the devil came right up and put something else in her head to distract her from The Lord, and His Grace, and His Mercy. Our preacher mentioned a very similar topic as well, and I knew that HE was always listening...
I know what I need to do, I know what I want to do, I know what I have to do...He has already shown me more that I ever thought I would see while here...and not all of it has been a barrel of fun either, I've seen things I never wanted to see...but I also am content knowing HE is trusting me with something and all I need to do is return that trust. I hope that The Lord has Mercy on me once more as I attempt to finish what He has asked of me. I know I may have to see other things that my eyes deem unpleasant, but I hope to soon place back into His hands a completed task...from there I have no idea where He'll lead, but that is the road I'm taking...

No comments:

Post a Comment