Friday, November 9, 2012

Underneath that Hat

I pulled in, just to speak to my husband. I had to tell him what the doctor said about his one year old delicate child as I continued to adjust to my new role as a stay-at-home mom. I wondered every single day if I had bit off more than I could chew. Each month that passed meant we had one surgery behind us with many more to go and there seemed to be no end in sight. I knew this was HIS plan, and HE would see me through those days that I walked with uncertain.

After giving him an update about his first born child, I saw her walk past the window. I had been consumed with our own problems, that I had forgot there were other things going on in this world. Her back was turned toward me, but I could tell it was her, she was wearing a hat. I really couldn't believe she was at work, she was being treated for cancer. She turned around about that time, and her brown eyes looked in my direction. I couldn't help but smile at her, but I had no idea what to say. She showered me and my child with a gentle smile and had it not been for that hat, I'd never even know she was sick. I knew she had recently found love, and she was wearing that, from head to toe...and she glowed. I drove away that day knowing how big the world really is, and how small my problems seemed to be. I wondered if I had been given her hat to wear rather than the one HE chose for me, would I present the sickness or the love.

Years have passed and she now sits inside the same church HE brought me to. We were of the chosen to sit among the pews of the small country church for worship. She lived through something. I can look over to the left side of the church on Sunday mornings and I can see others, who have lived through something. Behind me, songs often pierce right through my back and into my chest with voices of those who have also lived through something. HE has brought us all together for a purpose and as I sat listening to the one underneath that hat share her story last night, I think she read exactly what that purpose is. From her Women's Grace book
"God knows where you are and what you've been through. It's that very thing that he will use to save some. He wants to use you scars and all because you are uniquely HIS and uniquely placed right where HE needs you to be. God has ordained your life and circumstances to minister hope to someone walking the same path you have been down before. God can use anything in our background to minster HIS Grace to us and through us."
 I am honored to have been placed in her path and to have heard her story last night at The Angels meeting. She's the same now as she was years ago. The hat may be gone but she's still wearing love. I am once again Blessed, though I don't even deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment