Friday, June 28, 2013

When the Sheep Cry

I turned off the ignition and couldn't wait to get inside the little country church. My mouth dried with incredible thirst but I walked past the water fountains and took a seat on the opposite side of the church for a change. I knew HE would supply me with exactly what I needed and soon it became apparent that we all came to revival thirsty. I expected it to pour inside, soaking everyone on every pew, and I left there with exactly what I had expected, and more...


My fingers began to glisten with tears as I made half-hearted attempts to wipe them away but soon, my hands couldn't keep up with the mighty flow. The man in front of me kept lifting his right hand in praise and he was completely unaware that his heart was glowing from behind. I couldn't take my eyes off of the white circle of light placed on his back directly over his heart. It was reflecting a rainbow along the outer edges of the light and the prism bled outward impressing color across him, and he had no idea.

Flashes of the cross kept claiming my vision each time I shut my eyes in prayer. Every time I would open them, more bodies knelt near The Altar and I could see the children of God crying from every direction. Each time one would stand with resolve in their souls, I smiled. Some stayed longer than others, some wept helplessly before their legs gained the strength to stand tall again. All I kept thinking was that The Shepard would come, when the sheep begin to cry. The Spirit was moving within our little country church brushing over one, then the other...

I could see him out of the corner of my eye. His face was drawn taut and I knew The Lord was giving him what he needed. Every few minutes I could see him, still seated but soon he lifted to his feet, and The Tall Man spoke. I was touched by his words as my eyes scanned the room around me. Amens and Bless Hims came ringing from all around.

Another man spoke at some point and said his wife had to bring him clothes because he had car trouble but he aimed to get to that pew, even if he had to come dirty. Our preacher soon stood and shouted we all might be a little dirty, but a cleansing awaits right down near that Altar. Another flock of sheep soon fell low but still, The Sheppard knew the cry of HIS sheep. Hearts were changed, people were Touched, and I was no longer thirsty. I can't wait to go back tonight and see what The Sheppard has for his flock, as we go in to worship, and walk out revived.

No comments:

Post a Comment