Wednesday, April 16, 2014

In my Palm

We raced to get there, and once again, we found ourselves on a different pew. Seeing new faces, hearing new voices in the crowd brought together by Revival was exciting as the piano began to play. Sweet sonnets lifted up towards Heaven as our little country church lit the darkened sky. Shadows filled the outside of the church as the full moon expanded objects from their usual shape and size. I wondered if passersby could see how His Light inside that building was doing the same thing. Hands that were usually cupped in the laps of many were uplifted this night. Bodies that were usually perched on pews were distributed along the carpet, bowing at The Altar.

A teenager could no longer stifle the flesh and he tore out from his pew and exclaimed the burden for which The Spirit had led him to share. He spoke of his grandpa being called crazy for many years for his Biblical beliefs and teachings. His story progressed to admit he was now a little bit crazy too. The power in his young voice captivated the assembly, and he apologized to the preacher who had driven there to preach. It was becoming more apparent with each passing Testimony, each passing song, that the preacher, might not preach. It happens often in our little country church. The Lord has Blessed us with many Special people over the years. It is commonplace for The Lord's Valuables to stand up and Praise, lift their voices with song or sit meekly and pray. Each Valuable in The Lord's House is to mind HIM, and only Him, and when everyone is of one accord, of one mind...preachers may or may not get to preach.

Songs continued one after the other and with each Testimony, I wiped my eyes clear. What seemed to be the closing of the night, our preacher kept requesting "one more verse." Some of them were claimed with bent knees at The Altar and others seemed to pass without response. As some were finishing prayer down on the carpet before the long beautiful piece of wood that has been bathed with many tears over the years, I saw her walking. Attached delicately to the other end of her arm, was her child. People were moving faster than I could take it all in. My feet started advancing me closer to the her and I soon found myself behind them both. Hands were all over the child's back and voices were praying over the sobbing child. I placed my hand upon her back, right over her heart and I knew I had been here before.
About three years ago, she had followed her mom up to The Altar. I wasn't sure if the child was praying for her mom, or for her great grandmother that would soon go live The King but I remember placing my hand on her back then too. My palm was outstretched and as I started to pray, I could feel her heart pounding beneath my hand. The slow rhythm was not what I expected from a seven year old child but it pounded deep, and I knew HE was there.
As I sat behind the now ten year old girl, I remembered her heart. I knew that I had felt that baby's heart when The Lord was listening to her and now three years later, I was holding her heart again...and He was not just listening, He was removing everything she was pouring unto Him and at the same time, He was giving her the one thing she'll hang on to for the rest of her life. I was praying the hardest I've prayed in a long time and the people surrounding her knew what was happening. Heads began to lift and glass had formed under the eyes off all, and many began to chuckle, realizing what was taking place. Her head finally lifted and someone asked her what had taken place and she shouted with wet eyes and a big smile, "Well, I believe I just got Saved!!!" Hearts were full and she followed with, "I can't wait to tell everybody!!" and that was a Miracle that had taken place right in front of me.

People went back to their pews but nobody wanted it to end. One mom noted that her kids needed to be in bed at the late hour but she just wanted them to stay right there. I felt the same way, I didn't care if we Worshiped all night, it wouldn't compare to what He's given to us all. More tears were shed and more Testified but eventually, The Lord knew we needed rest and He sent us back to our houses. I know everyone is looking forward to tonight. It may be the official close of the Revival but if everyone in that room carries a little bit of that fire with them as they travel on their way, they can set the darkest room aglow. Feeling Blessed as always in my little country church.

No comments:

Post a Comment